About Our Online Services
By registering for the online services you will be able to complete a variety of different tasks online rather than having to come in to the practice:
- Book an appointment
- View past and future appointments
- Order recent and regular repeat medications
- View your summary care records (Allergies, Medications, Adverse Drug reactions)
These online services are as safe as online banking as long as you keep your passwords secure, and you can access these services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Please use this facility responsibly. The system keeps a complete audit trail and we reserve the right to remove the access rights of a patient found to be abusing the system. Please scroll down this page to read the SystmOnline Usage and Privacy Policies for further details.
Please scroll down this page to find out how to register and “How to” guides for information on how to use the system.
Please note that SystmOnline is not maintained by West End Surgery. These on-line services are provided by our clinical software provider called TPP. You can find further information on their website:https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/privacy/privacy.html
You can only book routine appointments with a doctor online.
May we remind patients using the online booking service to make certain the appointment has registered on the system. Please click on Future appointments to check the appointment has been safely booked.
“How to” guides
Viewing Past/Future Appointments
You will be able to see up to five past appointments and all future appointments.
- Click the View Past Appointments/View Future Appointments link on the Home Page, or click the Past Appointments/Future Appointmentsbutton on the main menu bar.
- This page shows the date, day, start and end time of past appointments as well as the location, Clinicianand booking status, e.g. ‘Booked’.
- Click Detailsto see the full address and any special instructions, e.g. ‘Please remember to bring your medication.’
- To print these details, click Print.
Booking an Appointment
You can only book routine appointment with a doctor online.
The practice allows you to book up to 2 future appointments that you can have at any one time. If you have already reached this limit and would like to book another appointment, you should contact your practice by telephone or in person.
- Click the Book Appointmentlink on the Home Page or the Book Appointment button on the main menu bar.
- The page displayed shows details of all the sessions at your GP practice that are available for online booking. The table shows the date an appointment is available, the earliest and latest slot times, as well as the location, Clinicianand session type. Your practice may have decided to allow you to book more than two weeks in advance. If they have, a drop-down list will be available for you to select dates further in the future. Select an option from the list and click Show.
- Click View Available Apptsat the end of the row for the session you require.
- A list of appointments is displayed showing the appointment type, start and end time, and duration of the appointment. The most useful columns for you are ‘Start Time’ and ‘End Time’.
- Click Bookat the end of the row for the appointment you require.
- Check the details of the appointment. Enter the reason for your appointment in the Reason field, e.g. Blood Pressure check. This will help practice staff to prepare for your appointment.
- After booking the appointment the website will show you details of the appointment and ask you to confirm the details. Failure to do this will result in the appointment NOT being booked.To continue without booking the appointment, click Cancel.
- To make certain the appointment has registered on the system, please click on Future appointmentsto check the appointment has been safely booked.
- To print the details, click Print.Otherwise, click Back or any other menu option.
Cancelling an Appointment
To cancel an appointment:
- Go to the Future Appointments page and click the Cancel Appointmentbutton relating to the appropriate appointment.
- Check the appointment details and click Cancel this appointment.
- To continue without cancelling the appointment, click Backor any other menu option; otherwise, click Close.
For certain drugs, you can request a new prescription.
Click the Current Prescriptions link on the Home page, or Current Prescriptions on the main menu bar.
All current repeat prescriptions are listed with the drug, dosage, quantity, last issued date and status. An empty tick box in the left-hand column means you can ask for a new prescription for that drug.
To request a repeat prescription:
- Select the drug by clicking on the box in the left-hand column. If the item you require is not listed or if you need to include further information with your request, type the details into the Medication Request Notes
- Click Request Medication. The Medication Order Summary is displayed, stating that a request has been sent to the practice to re-prescribe the item(s), and that the prescription will be ready for collection in two working days.
- Click Return to Current Medicationto return to the Current Prescriptions page where the status of the drug will show that it has been requested.
Changing/Resetting Your Password
If you need to change your password at any other time:
- Click the Change Passwordlink on the Home page.
- Type in the current password.
- Type in the new password.
- Re-type the new password.
- Click Submit. You are advised to memorise the new password. Do not write it down or disclose it to anyone else.
- Click Back.
If you forget your password, you will need to visit the practice in person and ask for your password to be reset.
Changing Your Contact Details
To change your address, phone number(s) or email address:
- Click the Change Contact Detailslink on the Home page.
- Type in your new details, then click Submit new contact details. A message is displayed, showing that your details were sent successfully.
Note: If you are happy for your practice to send text messages to your mobile phone, e.g. appointment reminders, select Allow SMS notifications and ensure that you have provided your mobile number.
Access a summary of your medical record
If you would like to access a summary of your medical record (Allergies, Medications, Adverse Drug reactions), please ask a receptionist who can add this feature to your online account.
We recommend you read this leaflet before you access your records online.
SystmOnline Usage and Privacy Policies
Please use this service responsibly. In the case of any abuse of the service, your GP practice can prevent you from accessing the service by stopping your username and password from working. Examples of irresponsible use of the system may include, but are not limited to:
- booking appointments you have no intention of attending
- repeatedly booking and then cancelling appointments
- repeatedly requesting prescriptions that you do not need
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. The personal information you enter on this website is strictly controlled. Information entered is available only to members of staff with appropriate access rights at your GP practice – i.e. those managing appointment booking, repeat prescribing and patient registration. Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties. Your personal information will not be sold to any third parties. Please read our Website Privacy Notice
We take the security of your information very seriously.
All communications with the SystmOnline web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet.
Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of your web browser to improve the security of information.
Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.